Thursday, February 20, 2014

Daily Driver.


As I have probably made quite obvious by now, I often stumble across cars that catch my eye in the street. This was the case recently when I was out for a stroll on a gloomy day in Paris. Out of the corner of my eye, as I was crossing a street, I saw a familiar shape half a block down. I took a detour and went to check it out. It was a Citroen 2CV Charleston with its famous black and bordeaux paint-job.
What impressed me the most was that it appeared to be a daily driver, not some show car that spends most of its time locked up in a garage. Judging by the wear and tear, and the tired condition of the inside and outside of the car, this 2CV was clearly someone's day-to-day transportation.
Any car fan can appreciate a well-conserved collectible car, and I'm certainly glad that they exist... but I also love seeing trusty old cars still being used for everyday transportation. Especially when they're as distinctive and legendary as the Charleston.

Some regular readers might remember that I wrote about the 2CV Charleston a while back, after seeing a mint example used as a wedding getaway car:


Who knows, they say that every person has a twin out there somewhere... maybe for every clean, tidy, restored old car sitting in a garage, an identical trusty daily driver is pounding the pavement everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?